A photo could never do your artwork justice, but it can make or break a sale. In the world of e-commerce, photos are everything. Think of the last trip you booked. How long did you spend comparing the photos of hotels, and how much did those photos influence your choice in where to stay? Now think of the last item you purchased online, would you have bought it had it not had a clear and attractive photo next to the description?
First impressions are everything, and in the “Insta-world” we live in, there’s just a fraction of time to make that impression and hook your next customer. As you paint your masterpieces, using Instagram is an incredible way to show off not only the final product but the process and meaning behind each brushstroke. Here are a few tips on taking the best photos for Instagram:
- You get what you pay for! Invest in a smart phone that takes great photos. The new iPhone 7 has two 12mp cameras. One in front for selfies, and also the main camera. This is perfect for those new to photography, as it does the job for you, and does it well.
- Put a spin on your style! Utilize new and creative filters that help highlight the beauty of your piece and take photos from artistic angles to freshen the usual frame.
- Give them a taste, and leave them hungry for more! Share photos of just sections of the piece throughout the creative process, drawing fans in and waiting for you to unveil a photo of the final product.
- It pains us to say this but, unleash your inner Kardashian! Take selfies of you with the artwork, you with the muse behind the piece, and get people interested.
- Create your brand! Show off your workspace, things that inspire you, a glimpse into your life, and really send a message to your fans as to who you are and the effort, passion, and time that goes into each piece.
Get ready to win over a lot of hearts, and lead many followers to a purchase they’ll proudly display in their homes forever.